Become a Fan on Facebook :)

Monday, February 2, 2009

First a baby elephant walking up a hill...
This painting I called "The Father" because it's one big daddy of an Elephant! I love the way the tree has turned out in this painting. When my mom saw the painting she wanted it so it is now in her house near the entrance :)

This painting is a mother elephant and her baby. This painting is framed since I received a few sample frames from Gotrick Inc. They just added some new framed canvases to their line of canvses.

Here is another elephant painting.. I like how the sun looks in this picture.. it has a nice texture and shading. I like this frame as well.. it has a more contemporary look with it's square appearance, it's 2 inches thick but I don't like it's color much. Black would have went better.. but the frame is paintable :)


Here is a night painting of a small elephant herd... Grazing under the cover of the moon.


Here is another sunset painting with elephants, this painting measures 30" wide and 15" tall.


Here is a sheep looking into (or away from) the sunset. The sheep is pregnant in case you're wondering why it is so fat! :D


Here is my try at painting a male moose. This painting is framed as well with a 1 inch deep floating frame look, also from Gotrick inc. This is my favorite of their new frames.


That's all for the animals I have painted in January. It is not my usual painting style, but I have thorougly enjoyed painting these animal silhouettes. My sister in law suggested I try horses next so I might do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment